Sensefolio employs Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods to assess the ESG engagement of more than 30,000 companies.
Retrieve Financial News
Sensefolio updates its scores as soon as it receives new information from our list of news providers. In this way, Sensefolio provides a near real-time update to be on top of new information, which is a key component in the financial industry.
- 100,000+ Sources of Information
- Research Papers, News Articles, Press Releases etc.
- CNBC, Reuters, Seeking Alpha, TheStreet, NASDAQ, MarketWatch, as well as the Financial Times
Retrieve ESG/Sustainability/CSR Reports
The Sensefolio’s algorithm takes into account companies’ reports as well. It skims through each of their ‘Sustainability’ reports, ‘Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)’ reports, or simply their ‘Annual’ reports, as well as companies’ earnings call transcripts, and applies an internal Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithm to assess the companies’ degrees of involvement into social, environmental and governance topics defined by Sensefolio.
- 30,000+ Companies Being Covered (including S&P500, FTSE250, NASDAQ, CHINA SSE50, EURONEXT100 etc…)
- Reports Translated and Analysed
- Sensefolio algorithm including Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Retrieve Social Media Posts & Company Reviews
We, at Sensefolio, aggregate most of the company reviews and social media posts available on the internet (over 500 million social media posts and reviews per day). Don't rely on just one source, let Sensefolio take care of integrating many sources.
- Retrieve Social Media Posts from Twitter and Company Review Websites
- Rely On Sensefolio Weights Allocation Or Decide On Your Weights
- Sensefolio Also Relies on Websites Providing Women Reviews On Companies
Get ESG Country Ratings Too
We, at Sensefolio, monitor and rate countries' ESG positions as well. Because companies are based and/or operate in certain sovereign states, it is primordial to take into account how countries can impact these firms' ESG involvements.
- Sensefolio Has Developed The Sensefolio ESG Country Framework (SECF) Allowing People To Monitor And Track The Impact Countries can Have
- Compare Countries To Each Other
- Assess How Much Countries Influence Companies
Sensefolio ESG Framework (SEF)
Reading earnings call transcripts adds more information into the Sensefolio scores as our algorithms can assess and monitor both sentiment-based signals as well as behavioural-based signals.
- Utilizing the Gunning Fog Index, Which Is A Readability Test For English Writing
- Monitor Both Sentiment-Based Signals And Behavioural-Based Signals
- Sensefolio Takes Into Account The Analyst Favouritism Into Its Model
- Sensefolio Counts How Many Numerical Values Are Presented During The Earnings Call.
Want To Stick To Your GRI, SASB or SDG Standards?
You want to stick to an already established standard? No worries, Sensefolio also provides ESG Scores using GRI, the SASB or the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Adapt One Of the Different ESG/Sustainability Standard: GRI, the SASB, or the United Nations SDGs.
- We Provide Scores For All Of Them!
- Covering Social and Economic Development Issues Including Poverty, Hunger, Health, Education, Global Warming, Gender Equality, Water, Sanitation, Energy, Urbanization, Environment and Social Justice.
Sensefolio had predicted Wirecard’s internal fraud that was publicly disclosed on the 18th of June 2020 during which regular auditor Ernst & Young refused to approve Wirecard’s […]
Which trading strategies are there to build using ESG Data? This article will display some backtesting strategies the Sensefolio Market Intelligence team has built for the period 2004/12–2020/05. […]
Top ESG-Score companies are generally outperforming bottom ESG-Score companies, especially during Pandemic periods – such as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. This article aim to show how Top […]
We are pleased to announce that the CTO and Chief Data Scientist of Sensefolio, Olivier Khatib, was recently elected Fellow of he prestigious Royal Society for the […]
It’s the first official announcement in 2020 from Sensefolio and the Sensefolio Market Intelligence team – Sensefolio is now covering more than 11,000 private companies across all […]
Please note: Past performance may not be indicative of future results. The material in this presentation is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer […]